Bacon, also known as the perfect breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Check out this homemade bacon recipe, and tag us in the photos when you do!
- • 2 lbs Pork belly (the best that you can find, preferably locally-sourced and all-natural)
- • 2 Tbsp Morton® Tender Quick®
- • 3 Tbsp Kosmo’s Q Spicy Killer Bee Chipotle Honey Rub
- 1 Unwrap the belly, rinse it under cold water, then pat it dry with paper towels.
- 2 Combine the Tender Quick® and rub in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- 3 Sprinkle the rub mixture evenly over the entire outside of the belly (don't forget the edges), put it in a gallon-sized zip-top bag and seal, removing the excess air. Refrigerate seven to ten days, turning and massaging the bag every two days or so.
- 4 Start your smoker and prepare for indirect cooking at low heat (about 225-250º). Use whatever smoke wood you like. We recommend a blend of 2/3 hickory and 1/3 cherry.
- 5 Remove the pork from the zip-top bag, rinse well under cold running water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 6 Smoke the belly indirect until it reaches an internal temperature of 150º. Remove it to a platter, rinse under cold running water (to help cool it quickly). Pat dry with paper towels, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. It'll keep in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
- 7 Slice, cook as you normally would, serve and enjoy!
How to make